Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great for the cold
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced (rinse and soak in water until clean, then dry thoroughly)
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbes de provence
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1⁄2 quarts chicken broth or 2 1⁄2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package fettuccine pasta, broken into thirds
- roux or flour, slurry to thicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon, minced
- Heat olive oil or butter in pressure cooker on high. Add leeks, and saute until they are limp and begin to look transluescent. Add garlic and herbs, continue stirring until very fragrant. Add pepper and chicken breasts and white wine, simmer off alcohol.
- Add 2 quarts of broth or stock, bring to a boil, close and lock lid on highest pressure setting. When the cooker is brought up to pressure and the lid seals, turn down the heat and set the timer for eight minutes. When the timer goes off, take cooker from heat, open steam valve and release pressure fully. Open cooker and fish out cooked chicken with tongs, and set aside on a cutting board.
- Add carrots to broth, bring to a boil, close lid, lock it, bring to full pressure, turn the heat down to medium low and set timer for two minutes. When timer goes off, take cooker from heat, open valve and release pressure. Remove lid, put the cooker back on the heat, and set aside lid–it is done for the evening.
- Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces. Bring broth to a boil, adding the last half cup of broth. When it is boiling, add noodles and cook for about four minutes. (These fresh pasta noodles cook very quickly.) When they are nearly done, use a slotted spoon or bamboo handled wire strainer utensil to fish out noodles. Set into bowl.
- Thicken broth with roux or slurry.
- Add chicken and noodles to thickened broth, and sprinkle in fresh tarragon. Bring to a simmer to reheat chicken and noodles.