We love chicken chili, but our old recipe required a lot of prep and hours of simmering on the stove top. I put this together one morning in the crock pot, and we love coming home to a crock full of hot chili to enjoy with almost no prep! Leftovers freeze well, or we love to put the leftovers right into small containers to enjoy for lunches throughout the week.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans (drained)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans (drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Place frozen chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot.
- Sprinkle the packet of taco seasoning over the chicken.
- On top of chicken and seasoning pour the black beans, great northern beans, tomatoes and green chilies, cream of chicken soup, and chicken broth.
- Cook all day on low, or half day on high.
- About one hour before serving, cut up block of cream cheese and drop into crock pot, stirring occasionally to melt.
- Before serving, remove chicken breasts, cut into pieces, and mix back into the chili. Serve topped with sour cream or shredded jack cheese if you'd like.