Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This chili is great for cold days or when you need a fast meal that's super easy to make. It's also very adaptable, depending on what ingredients you have in your pantry. I've used any variety of beans I happen to have on hand, and I've also used ground beef or ground turkey in place of the chicken.
- 1 lb chicken, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (or 1 T. dried onion)
- 1 (26 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet chili seasoning mix (we like the mild)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canlight red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- In large pot, cook chicken with garlic and onion. (To make this recipe very fast, I have cooked, cut-up chicken stored in zip-lock bags in the freezer that I can pull out, defrost for a minute, and throw in the pot. Makes things so easy!)
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.