I just saw this on the R.R. show, Jessica Simpson made it and it looked so easy and yummy I had to save it here fast. Ok I just made this last night and it turned out so good. Made more like a chicken pot pie, I used one crescent roll for the bottom, just laid it out flat, and another for the top. Making it this way you only need 2 packs of rolls. I also threw in some mushrooms before cooking, it was very easy and good. Hubby gives it 4 stars, i would give 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat crescent rolls, divided (recommended brand Pillsbury)
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Roll out the cans of croissant sheets and separate into diamond shaped sections. Place a small handful of rotisserie chicken on each diamond, fold dough over and press ends together to create dumplings. Cut up any excess dough into strips.
- 2Line a 9x13" baking dish with one layer of dumplings. Pour the can of cream of chicken soup over the layer of dumplings, followed by the can of cream of mushroom soup, and chicken broth.
- 3Place strips in a crisscross pattern on the top of the dumplings and soup mixture, season dish with salt and ground black pepper and bake until the dumplings are tender and cooked through and the top is bubbly and brown, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast and Easy Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.0
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 58.4 mg
- Sodium 1038.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat crescent rolls