Recipe by cali~jenn
I just saw this on the R.R. show, Jessica Simpson made it and it looked so easy and yummy I had to save it here fast. Ok I just made this last night and it turned out so good. Made more like a chicken pot pie, I used one crescent roll for the bottom, just laid it out flat, and another for the top. Making it this way you only need 2 packs of rolls. I also threw in some mushrooms before cooking, it was very easy and good. Hubby gives it 4 stars, i would give 5.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat crescent rolls, divided (recommended brand Pillsbury)
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out the cans of croissant sheets and separate into diamond shaped sections. Place a small handful of rotisserie chicken on each diamond, fold dough over and press ends together to create dumplings. Cut up any excess dough into strips.
- Line a 9x13" baking dish with one layer of dumplings. Pour the can of cream of chicken soup over the layer of dumplings, followed by the can of cream of mushroom soup, and chicken broth.
- Place strips in a crisscross pattern on the top of the dumplings and soup mixture, season dish with salt and ground black pepper and bake until the dumplings are tender and cooked through and the top is bubbly and brown, about 30 minutes.