Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tweak up some already made ingredients and you have a semi-homemade cherry pie that people will think you slaved over.
- 2 ready to bake pie crusts
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 (15 ounce) canpitted cherries, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Line a 9" pie plate with 1st unbaked pie crust, bottom side floured.
- Combine cherry pie filling and pitted cherries in a bowl, then add in the almond extract and cinnamon. Add more or less of each to your own taste. Pour into pie crust. Make designs in 2nd pie crust before covering the filled crust. Crimp edges tightly. Cover crust edges lightly with tinfoil. Place pie plate on top of a cookie sheet to catch drips. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes, or until pie has browned. Let cool before serving to allow filling to set.