Recipe by UltimaMommy
This recipe is sure to be a hit with friends and family. It’s super easy and there’s not much of a mess to clean up afterwards. My kids love watching the mixture foam after adding the baking soda. We all start eating it right away but I do prefer it after it has had time to cool. It’s a real treasure to create! P.S. You might want to break it up with your hands as it starts to cool.
Top Review by puppitypup
WOW! Super easy, super delicious and no clean-up! I popped my own popcorn and used 2/3 cup of kernels as that's what fits in our popper. I also added 1/8 t kosher salt to the syrup. I'll never make caramel corn the old way again. Thanks so much for a true keeper Ultima Mommy. Made for the I recommend tag game.
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) bags microwave popcorn or 2 (3 1/2 ounce) bagsapprox 1 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 brown paper bag
Directions See How It's Made
- Place popped corn in brown bag.
- Melt margarine, brown sugar and syrup in microwave on high for 5 min stirring once every 1/2 minute
- Stir in baking soda, mixture will foam!
- Pour over popcorn in bag and shake well.
- Place in microwave on high for 1 inches Shake again, heat for one more minute.
- Shake, pour into bowl to cool and then enjoy!