Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 mins
This is delicious dipped in cocktail sauce or served over rice pilaf. In a pinch, I've also made this with frozen precooked, quick thawed shrimp: just skip step 11, sprinkle on bread crumbs and broil for 3-4 minutes without flipping (shrimp will not be as tender using this method, but still tasty). Note: Make sure your Worcestershire sauce is gluten free.
- 1 lb raw medium tail on shrimp
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 slice gluten free bread
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- Rinse shrimp in colander, drain well and pat dry.
- Set oven to broil.
- Microwave butter in a small bowl for 20 seconds or until just melted. Add olive oil, Worcestershire and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- Use a garlic press to crush garlic and stir into mixture.
- Pour into a 1 quart zip lock baggie.
- Add shrimp, close bag, toss to coat and let stand for several minutes.
- If serving with cocktail sauce: In a separate bowl mix catsup, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp Worcestershire and horseradish to taste. Set aside.
- Tear bread into pieces and put in mini chopper. Add a dash of Old Bay seasoning and pulse until bread crumbs are fine.
- Place shrimp in a single layer on a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Broil seven inches from heat for 3 minutes.
- Flip shrimp over and sprinkle on bread crumbs.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes, until shrimp is pink and crumbs are golden brown.