Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I make this for elementary school kids every morning at the school I work at. They love it and it's always the first thing to fly off the tray. Can be easily adapted to meet individual tastes with different kinds of meat (or more meat) and salsa with more punch. The tortillas roll up easier if you heat them in a microwave on a plate covered with plastic wrap for 30 seconds.
- Melt butter in large non stick skillet. Add hash browns and cook until golden.
- Lay tortillas out and put one slice of ham on each.
- Spoon roughly 1/4 cup of hash browns on each tortilla, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over hash browns.
- Top with 1 tbsp of salsa.
- Tucking in the ends, roll each tortilla up then wrap tightly in wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Pop in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to melt cheese and heat through.
- Unwrap and serve.
Yum! I used homemade hash browns also.
This was quite good. Very flavorful. I also added some chopped onion when cooking the hash browns. I made my hash browns with farm fresh potatoes that I got at a Farmers Market. They were really good. I also used just cheddar cheese. I will be making these again. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall '08