Recipe by Wendy1515
I make this for elementary school kids every morning at the school I work at. They love it and it's always the first thing to fly off the tray. Can be easily adapted to meet individual tastes with different kinds of meat (or more meat) and salsa with more punch. The tortillas roll up easier if you heat them in a microwave on a plate covered with plastic wrap for 30 seconds.
- 8 (10 inch) whole wheat tortillas
- 8 thin ham slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen hash browns
- 4 cups shredded tex-mex cheese
- 8 tablespoons mild salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large non stick skillet. Add hash browns and cook until golden.
- Lay tortillas out and put one slice of ham on each.
- Spoon roughly 1/4 cup of hash browns on each tortilla, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over hash browns.
- Top with 1 tbsp of salsa.
- Tucking in the ends, roll each tortilla up then wrap tightly in wax paper or plastic wrap.
- Pop in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to melt cheese and heat through.
- Unwrap and serve.