Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is a great pie to make during the week when time is short, but you are craving a creamy pie.
Top Review by "mom of girls"
I first discovered this recipe when I was 16 (I'm 33 now) and it appeared in the coupon ads. I asked my mom if she could pick up the ingredients from the grocery store on her next trip so that I could make this for us. She did. I made it and was surprised by how pretty & yummy it is. I made it for my grandmother once and she was so impressed & requested the recipe. That meant alot to me because she's from the south and makes homemade (from scratch) pies. In fact, she was well known within our circle of friends/family for her pies. Thanks for posting. I hope others give a try.
- 1 chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- 3 1⁄2 cups thawed whipped topping (8 oz)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 1 cup of whipped topping on bottom of pie crust.
- Combine milk and pudding mix in medium bowl.
- Blend with wire whisk or electric mixer (low speed) for 1 minute.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Spread over whipped topping in crust.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over top, leaving a 1-inch border and forming a depression in center of the whipped topping.
- Spoon cherry pie filling in the center.
- Chill at least three hours.