Prep 3 mins
Cook 25 mins
This tart dough is from Anne Burrell's Apple Tart Tatin. It is a perfect dough for any type of pie or tart! It is lemony and delicious! It is quick and easy to make using your Food Processor. It literally takes maybe a minute to make.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into pea size pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 -3 tablespoons ice water
- In a food processor combine the butter, flour, sugar, salt and lemon zest. Pulse until it looks like finely grated Parmigiano.
- Add the egg yolk and 1 to 2 tablespoons of the water.
- Pulse, pulse, pulse until the mixture comes together.
- If it seems a bit dry add a little more water and pulse, pulse, pulse.
- The mixture should come together into a ball.
- Dump the whole thing out onto a clean lightly floured work surface.
- Knead the mixture 1 or 2 times only to make it a smooth ball.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours before rolling out.