Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
For those who don't have a lot of time to cook, but do enjoy a self prepared meal. I "created" this recipe by mixing 2 recipes and omitting things that I don't really like and adding things that feature alot in my meals. Easy to clean up too.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 200 ml cream (whole milk might work too)
- 2 whole red onions or 1 leek, plant
- 3 slices smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup brandy (e.g. Cognac, Calvados, Grand Marnier.... or Sherry) (optional)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Cut the onions in rings (or slice the leek in small rings). Cut - or rip apart with your fingers - the smoked salmon in smaller pieces. Size does not matter, I like it chunky :).
- Heat the butter or olive oil in a saucepan and bake the onions/leek until they're golden-brown (add garlic if desired).
- Pour cream, sambal oelek and tomato puree in the saucepan and keep stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the alcohol to the saucepan (optional). (I usually add on sight and use more than 1 cup, but not all people like liquor the way I do). Stir for 1/2 minute. Add salmon and stir for 1 more minute. Done!
- Prepare pasta according to description on package. Pour sauce over pasta, decorate with fresh herbs and serve with a glass of white wine.