Recipe by karla1
Was home one night wanting something quick, delicious, warm and gooey and came up with this....
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious! This is perfect for those times when you want something sweet, but not too sweet. This goes together very quickly and easily and uses ingredients that I always have on hand. I halved the recipe to serve 2 people, using 2 large Fuji apples that I peeled, cored, and cut into chunks. I used a little extra margarine as the apples cooked to keep them from sticking in the pan. I ended up cooking the apples for about 20 mins. and they were perfectly soft without being mushy. I briefly heated the caramel sauce in the microwave before drizzling it over the apples...yummy!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 5 medium apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄4 cup caramel topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine in a pot or fry pan on stove (something with a lid).
- Add all other ingredients except for caramel topping.
- Cover and cook apples on medium/low heat with a covered lid, stirring every 2 minutes so apples do not to burn.
- Once apples are at a consistency that you enjoy (mine is soft but not mushy), scoop into serving dishes and drizzle with caramel topping.