America's Test Kitchen
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 -3 teaspoons minced chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (85% )
- 1Pulse tomatoes and their juice in a food processor until slightly chunky, about 5 pulses.
- 2In a large saucepan, bring tomatoes, beans, chipotle, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil, covered.
- 3Decrease to a simmer and continue to cook.
- 4Meanwhile, heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering.
- 5Add in onion, chili powder, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 7Increase heat to med-high and add beef.
- 8Cook, breaking up beef with spoon, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- 9Stir in the tomato-bean mixture, scraping up any browned bits.
- 10Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fast All-American Beef Chili
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.3
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 150.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo