1/1 Photo of Fassolakia Freska Me Domata - Greek Green Beans & Tomato
1 hr 5 mins
Um Safia's Note:
This is a recipe for delicious green beans & tomato, cooked the traditional Greek way. Fresh green beans, tomatoes, herbs and spices are simmered together long enough for the tastes to meld. Recipe by Nancy Gaifyllia, she says "This Theban version of a classic Greek recipe is deceptively simple to fix, combining fresh green beans with onions, tomatoes, garlic, and parsley, and delivers a sophisticated taste. It can be served as a main dish, or as a side. " Posted for ZWT 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the beans, cut off the tips and remove the stringy piece of fiber along the seam. Rinse the beans.
- 2In a soup pot, sauté the onions in olive oil with a wooden spoon until they turn translucent.
- 3Stir in the garlic and sauté a few minutes more. Add all the remaining ingredients and the water. Stir well, reduce heat, and simmer covered for 50 minutes or until the beans are tender. (Add more water if needed during cooking - boiling water.).
- 4Serve warm. On the side, consider tzatziki or feta cheese, and certainly some great country bread.
- 5Note: This serves 4 as a main dish, 6-8 as a side. For a more substantial dish, add 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fassolakia Freska Me Domata - Greek Green Beans & Tomato
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.2
- Calories from Fat 492
- Total Fat 54.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 6.5 g