Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received this recipe from a friend of mine.
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place the green beans into a large pot, and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt to taste, and put the lid on the pot. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beans are cooked to your desired doneness.
- Syrians like it cooked until the green beans are turning brownish in color. The idea is not to saute them, but to let them steam in the moisture released by the ice crystals.
- Add cilantro and garlic to the beans, and continue to cook just until the cilantro has started to wilt. Eat as a main course by scooping up with warm pita bread or serve as a side dish.
Loved these! I'm normally a fan of crunchy green beans, but hubby is not. So I made these to please him. They are delicious. Not pretty if you let them cook to the brownish wilted stage, but awesomely good. I'll post the picture anyways, once I'm able to do so (system is broken). I used fresh green beans, not frozen, but they were wet from the rinsing. They still turned out great! Thanks for posting another great recipe!