Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a delicious bean salad that tastes wonderful when summer's tomatoes come in. Substantial enough for a main course. Serve with a platter of assorted salamis or smoked fish and some crusty bread.
Top Review by Ycooks2
I enjoyed this recipe. I thought it was fresh tasting. I used the vinegar and 2 cans of navy beans. I will take for lunch this week. Made for Tastebud Tickling Travellers for ZWT4.
- 1⁄2 lb dried navy beans, picked over and pre-soaked overnight
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 English cucumbers, diced (the long, seedless ones)
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano (mediterranean)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons red wine vinegar or 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the navy beans until tender.
- Combine the beans with the remaining vegetables and parsley.
- Season with salt.
- Shake up the oil with oregano and 2 tblsps of vinegar in a small bottle.
- If not sharp enough, add more vinegar.
- Dress the bean salad and stir gently to combine.
- Add eggs and stir even more gently not to break them up.
- Serve on 4 lettuce-lined plates.