Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fasnachtsküchlein (Carnival cookies) are traditional Swiss treats served at carnival in Basal. Taken from about.ch/culture.com and posted for ZWT7
- 200 g white flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 3⁄4-1 kg coconut fat or 3⁄4-1 kg deep-frying oil
- some confectioners' sugar
- Put flour in a bowl add salt, eggs and cream, mix well.
- Knead until the dough is soft and even.
- Rinse a bowl with hot water, cover the dough with the bowl and leave it alone for about 30 minutes.
- Cut dough in 12 pieces of the same size.
- Cover table with flour and roll the pieces of dough as thin as possible.
- Remove the flour that's left over.
- Heat the coconut fat or deep-frying oil in a pan to 180°C (355°F).
- Put dough in pan.
- Fry on both sides until the cookies are yellow.
- Drip off the fat or oil.
- Spread confectioner's sugar evenly over the cookies.