Fasnachtsküchlein (Carnival cookies) are traditional Swiss treats served at carnival in Basal. Taken from about.ch/culture.com and posted for ZWT7
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put flour in a bowl add salt, eggs and cream, mix well.
- 2Knead until the dough is soft and even.
- 3Rinse a bowl with hot water, cover the dough with the bowl and leave it alone for about 30 minutes.
- 4Cut dough in 12 pieces of the same size.
- 5Cover table with flour and roll the pieces of dough as thin as possible.
- 6Remove the flour that's left over.
- 7Heat the coconut fat or deep-frying oil in a pan to 180°C (355°F).
- 8Put dough in pan.
- 9Fry on both sides until the cookies are yellow.
- 10Drip off the fat or oil.
- 11Spread confectioner's sugar evenly over the cookies.
Nutritional Facts for Fasnachtsküchlein
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 207.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: