Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Posting for ZWT6 Greece region. From Cooking Light on myrecipes.com. This classic Greek green bean side is traditionally served at room temperature. It's great for barbecues.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml finely chopped onion
- 78.07 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 14.79 ml finely chopped of fresh mint
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh dill or 4.92 ml dried dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 907.18 g green beans, trimmed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2 (822.13 g) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add herbs and garlic; sauté 4 minutes.
- Add beans and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
This got mixed reviews. I really liked it DH said it how an aftertaste for him. The recipe was reduced by half. Frozen cut green beans was used and the dish was ready in about 20 minutes. Made for *ZWT6*