1/1 Photo of Fashoulakia (Greek Green Bean Side Dish)
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
Posting for ZWT6 Greece region. From Cooking Light on myrecipes.com. This classic Greek green bean side is traditionally served at room temperature. It's great for barbecues.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml finely chopped onion
- 78.07 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh mint
- 14.79 ml finely chopped fresh dill or 4.92 ml dried dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 907.18 g green beans, trimmed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2 (822.13 g) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion; sauté 3 minutes.
- 3Add herbs and garlic; sauté 4 minutes.
- 4Add beans and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until beans are tender.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fashoulakia (Greek Green Bean Side Dish)
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 105.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 399.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g