Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is an adopted recipe from the Great Adoption February 2005. Please feel free to try it out and post your comments!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, cooked sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- Cream butter and brown sugar in bowl until light and fluffy.
- Blend in sweet potato and eggs.
- Add next 4 ingredients;mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake 35 to 45 minutes longer or until well set.
I have had many a sweet potato pie without the warm spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg. In fact, most that I ate in the South did not contain the spices. It isn't a 'replacement' for pumpkin pie. I love this recipe. Thank you for posting!
Where's the Nutmeg And the Cinnamon?