Recipe by hammadjamila
This is a delicious and easy way to prepare farro and kale. I've seen other recipes that call for sauteeing the kale but I wanted to keep it low calorie.
- 1 cup whole farro, pearled
- 4 cups water
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Wash the farro and boil in 3 cups of water for 30 minutes until soft. Let cool.
- 2. Tear kale from the stalks and into small pieces. Place the kale on a steamer basket and steam in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes.
- 3. Microwave the peas for 2 minutes, or add them to the kale at about 5 minutes of steam time.
- 4. In a bowl combine the cooked farro, steamed kale, steamed peas and chopped scallion.
- 5. Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
- 6. Add the dressing to the salad and mix. Serve warmish or cold.