Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Combine all the ingredients and pour into a pastry shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp.
- to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the filling edges are firm and the centre is slightly soft.
This recipe is EXCELLENT! Five stars!! Farrah knows pie. George Vreeland Hill
This was the recipe that brought me to "Recipezaar" on September 5, 2008 -- the very day I joined. I finally got to make this recipe... and bless Farrah's soul... it is wonderful.