Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has been posted for play in ZWT9 - Scandinavia. This recipe was found on the web; on a site talking about the Faroe Island . This coffee sounded positively wonderful to me. So glad that I tried this incredible tasting treat. The spiced whipped cream is out of this world. If you don't like coffee try it with dark hot chocolate you won't be sorry.
- 1 1⁄2 quarts boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup ground coffee
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brew coffee according to brewing preference.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a chilled mixing bowl.
- Using chilled beaters, beat with electric mixer to soft peaks. Serve whipped cream over coffee.
I love cardamom, so I knew this would be right up my alley! I actually did the same as Sharon123 and brewed the spices with the coffee, and then topped it with canned whipped cream. Still delicious, and a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
Aussie Swap #85: Outstanding blend of spices in this coffee treat! The spiced whipped topping is divine!
Very nice! I actually used whipped cream in a can and brewed the cardamom and mace with the coffee. Thanks for the treat! :)