Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe Courtesy of B. Smith
Make and share this Farmstand Herb Bread Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces country-style Italian bread, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 tomatoes, seeded and cut into large pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large roasted yellow bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup capers, drained
- 1⁄3 cup pitted kalamata olive
- Divide bread evenly between two baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Set aside to cool.
- Combine garlic and next 5 ingredients in a food processor; pulse 5 to 6 times or just until chopped, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Add oil and vinegar, and pulse until combined.
- Combine bread, tomato, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add dressing, and toss well.
- Let salad stand, covered, at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.