Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Get this heating up while you sing Christmas carols around the neighborhood OR take a thermos-ful along for the annual cross-country skiing jaunt OR to warm the hunters when they come in from their deer-stands! Thanks to Gooseberry Patch for an excellent recipe!!
- 3 cups sugar
- 9 cups water, divided
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cups cranberry juice (made from concentrate)
- 3 cups orange juice (made from concentrate)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine sugar, three cups water and cinnamon sticks in a large stockpot; boil for 10 minutes.
- Add juices and remaining water; heat through.
- Remove cinnamon sticks before serving (or let the kids use them!).
- CROCKPOT VERSION --
- On HIGH, combine as in Step #1 above; when sugar is dissolved, add remaining ingredients and turn down to LOW.
- VARIATIONS --
- Substitute cran-raspberry, apple-cherry, or grape for the O.J. Mmmm-good!
- I'll take a shot of brandy in mine. You decide!