Erin R.'s Note:
From The Farm Cafe in Portland, a delicious eggplant veg burger as seen on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté eggplant on low heat till grey and very soft.
- 2Mix together eggplant and all the rest of the ingredients, except oil, let rest for ½ hour in refrigerator.
- 3Form into 4 equal patties about an inch thick.
- 4In a sauté pan, heat olive oil until shimmering hot, fry each side of patty till dark brown, about 5 minutes each side.
- 5Serve on locally made sandwich bun with caramelized onions, spicy brown mustard, roasted red peppers and salad mix.
- 6**Notes: These are the exact directions from the restaurant website, and it's usually best to stick to the recipe on your first try. I have made these without peeling the eggplant and the peels don't hurt anything. I don't know if I always pick unusually big eggplants, but I get six burgers from this recipe instead of the four the restaurant states. I also now use an egg as the binding agent with half the amount of cheese, which I find holds the patties together a little better. They are smashing with a whole, canned poblano on top. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Veggie Burger
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.2
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.6 mg
- Sodium 379.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 13.1 g