Recipe by DoryJean54
I usually serve this for Christmas day or New Years day brunch. Must set 8 hours or overnight. I serve this with my Party Potatoes & sometimes with a roasted beef tenderloin if you really want to impress someone.
- 8 ounces ground sausage
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 6 slices white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook sausage until browned, crumble into small chunks.
- Combine eggs & next 6 ingredients, mix well with whisk.
- Stir in sausage, green onion & bread cubes.
- Pour mixture into a 11x7x1 1/2" deep baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Cover & chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cut into squares & serve with sliced tomatoes on top.