- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 apples, cut into wedges
- 1⁄3 cup mild soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash black pepper
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim off excess fat from ribs.
- In a large skillet, brown ribs in oil, place on roasting pan.
- Place apple wedges and onion rings over ribs in pan.
- Combine all ingredients for sauce, baste ribs with sauce.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes.
- Uncover. pour remaining sauce over ribs.
- Bake at 350 for another 40 to 50 minutes or until ribs are no longer poink near the bones. the ribs should be nicely brown and tender. check for doneness.
- Serve ribs with extra sauce.