This delicious, hearty soup is so easy to prepare! It's warming and filling, a perfect meal for those cold, winter days! It's all made in one pot, so clean-up is a snap.
- Place first six ingredients in a large pot, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, and puree the potato mixture with a potato masher.
- Stir in milk and seasonings, and return to heat.
- Add the cheese, and stir until melted.
First soup I ever made. Instead of cubed hash brown potatoes, I used the shredded. It cooked fasted and gave me the kind of potatoes I prefer in potato soup. I also used about 4 different cheeses and added a lot of garlic powder. Really good soup... I would recommend letting the soup sit overnight because the flavors stood out much more.
Followed your recipe exactly and the soup turned out great, used a hand blender after I mashed the potato. Thanks for a 5 star recipe.
Loved this. It was so quick and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written but I added another 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Next time I would add a bit more onion but we loved it the way it was. I loved that I didn't have to peel any potatoes. We all enjoyed this. Will definately be making more often.