Recipe by truebrit
This delicious, hearty soup is so easy to prepare! It's warming and filling, a perfect meal for those cold, winter days! It's all made in one pot, so clean-up is a snap.
Top Review by Nprskalo
First soup I ever made. Instead of cubed hash brown potatoes, I used the shredded. It cooked fasted and gave me the kind of potatoes I prefer in potato soup. I also used about 4 different cheeses and added a lot of garlic powder. Really good soup... I would recommend letting the soup sit overnight because the flavors stood out much more.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first six ingredients in a large pot, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, and puree the potato mixture with a potato masher.
- Stir in milk and seasonings, and return to heat.
- Add the cheese, and stir until melted.