Chef #228980's Note:
Scramble up a hearty hot breakfast and put it on a pizza crust? Not bad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) frozen whole wheat bread dough or 1 (16 ounce) frozen white bread dough
- all-purpose flour
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup loose-pack frozen hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1Thaw bread dough according to package directions.
- 2Turn on the oven to 375°F Grease a pizza pan with shortening.
- 3Put thawed bread dough on the pizza pan. Fatten the dough slightly. Use your hands to press the dough into the pizza pan, covering the pan completely. (Sprinkle flour over your hands if dough is sticky.) With your fingers press edges up into a rim. Prick dough generously with the fork. Put pizza pan in oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pizza crust is light brown. Use hot pads to remove pizza pan from oven. Place on a cooling rack.
- 4Use scissors to cut bacon into bite-size pieces. Put bacon pieces, frozen potato mixture, and black pepper in a medium skillet. Put skillet on a burner. Turn burner to medium-high heat. Cook and stir with a wooden spoon about 5 minutes or until bacon pieces are crisp and potatoes are tender. Turn off burner. Remove skillet from burner. Place a colander over a bowl. Spoon potatoes and bacon into the colander and let the fat drain into the bowl. Save potatoes and bacon until Step 8. Put fat in a container to throw away.
- 5Crack eggs in a medium bowl. Add the milk. Use a whisk to beat the eggs and milk together.
- 6Put butter in a large skillet. Put skillet on burner. Turn burner to medium heat. Melt the butter. When butter is melted, pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cook, without stirring, until egg mixture begins to et on the bottom and around the edges.
- 7Use a pancake turner to lift and fold partially cooked eggs so that the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until the egg mixture is cooked through but still glossy and moist. Turn off the burner. Remove skillet from burner.
- 8Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the bake pizza crust. Top with scrambled eggs, cooked bacon and potato mixture, and the rest of the shredded cheese. Using hot pads, put pizza pan in oven. Bake pizza for 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Turn off oven. Use hot pads to remove pizza pan from oven. Let stand on the cooling rack for 2 minutes before serving.
- 9Serve with fresh melon wedges and a glass of milk.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.9
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 191.9 mg
- Sodium 215.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat bread dough
frozen hash browns with onions and peppers