Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
100-year-old Pecan Pie Recipe or "clean-your-plate-and-scrape-up-the-crumbs-with-your-finger" pecan pie
- pastry for 1 pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml Dark Karo syrup
- 118.29 ml butter (softened) or 118.29 ml margarine (softened)
- 236.59 ml pecan halves
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Roll out pie crust, and lay in pan - metal's best!
- Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat again.
- Add syrup, butter, pecans, salt and vanilla. Pour into pie pan, and place on cookie sheet lined with foil for easy cleanup in case the lovely goo boils over.
- Cook on 350 for 10 minutes; then reduce temperature to 325 for 30 minutes.
- Temperature reduction is to keep crust from burning.
- Ovens vary in performance and cook times should be adjusted accordingly (I had to cook mine an additional 10 minutes).
- Pie is done when center jiggles like jello when you shake the pie.
- Make sure the pie cools completely before you cut it.