100-year-old Pecan Pie Recipe or "clean-your-plate-and-scrape-up-the-crumbs-with-your-finger" pecan pie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roll out pie crust, and lay in pan - metal's best!
- 2Beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- 3Add sugar and beat again.
- 4Add syrup, butter, pecans, salt and vanilla. Pour into pie pan, and place on cookie sheet lined with foil for easy cleanup in case the lovely goo boils over.
- 5Cook on 350 for 10 minutes; then reduce temperature to 325 for 30 minutes.
- 6Temperature reduction is to keep crust from burning.
- 7Ovens vary in performance and cook times should be adjusted accordingly (I had to cook mine an additional 10 minutes).
- 8Pie is done when center jiggles like jello when you shake the pie.
- 9Make sure the pie cools completely before you cut it.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.9
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 100.2 mg
- Sodium 232.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g