1/1 Photo of Farmhouse Hearty Mushroom, Asparagus and Bacon Quiche
Saw this one in Taste of Home's Feb-Mar 08 issue; made a few adjustments to suit our tastebuds, and this is the lovely result! This will put a smile on your face as the aroma wafts through the kitchen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bacon (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard, of your choice (we like yellow)
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh asparagus, 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (or 1-4 oz can, drained)
The Last Thing
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Fry bacon, drain, crumble; remove from pan, pour off grease; set aside.
- 2Separate crescent rolls into triangles, place in ungreased 9-inch pie plate (points toward the center), press seams together over the bottom and up the sides to form the crust; spread with mustard; set aside.
- 3Preheat oven to 375.
- 4In bacon pan, melt butter; saute asparagus, onions & mushrooms until tender-crisp.
- 5In a large bowl, combine custard ingredients; NOTE: if you didn't beat eggs first -- do that before adding the other custard ingredients -- stir in veggies, bacon, and cheese; pour into prepared crust.
- 6Bake for 25-30 minutes (knife comes out clean); let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Hearty Mushroom, Asparagus and Bacon Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (1673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.3
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 130.7 mg
- Sodium 1444.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 20.5 g