1 hr 36 mins
In '300 Sensational Soups' by Carla Snyder and Meredith Deeds
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 2 summer squash or 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 9.85 ml minced fresh thyme
- 4.92 ml salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 1419.54 ml chicken stock or 1419.54 ml vegetable stock
- 10 small new potatoes, quartered
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced
- 473.18 ml chopped Baby Spinach
- 236.59 ml frozen peas, thawed
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- cayenne pepper
- 29.58 ml minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1In a big soup pot, heat oil over med-high heat.
- 2Add onion and saute until softened, about 6 minutes.
- 3Add carrots, leeks, squash, garlic, celery, thyme, salt, and pepper to taste; saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add stock and potatoes; bring to a boil.
- 6Cover, decrease heat to low and simmer gently until potatoes are almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- 7Add asparagus, spinach, peas, and chicken; simmer until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
- 8Add lemon juice and cayenne; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and black pepper, if needed.
- 9Ladle into heated bowls and garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse-Fresh Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (607 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 644.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 18.0 g