Very festive and oh-so-easy to bring to the table! Let the kids work alongside and it's even MORE fun (they love working the apple-corer-peeler-slicer). Cooking time includes straining/milling. Thanks to Gooseberry Patch for a great recipe that's sure to be handed down to the next generation!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1We like to run the apples through the ol' Pampered Chef apple corer, peeler, slicer--lickety split -- but you can also do it the old-fashioned way and core them by hand--in which case, quarter them into wedges.
- 2Add apples, cranberries, water and sugar to a large saucepan.
- 3Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes (apples will break into pieces when stirred).
- 4Cool, then if you used UNPEELED apples, press through a Foley mill or sieve. If you peeled the apples, all you have to do is STIR!
- 5Sprinkle with a dusting of cinnamon and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Cranberry Applesauce for the Holiday Table
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.9
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g