Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is will become a family favorite in no time! The pepper and pimiento adds a dash of color and flavor, you'll be glad you kept them in the recipe! OR skip the pimiento and use red pepper instead!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 of a large green pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chunks
- 8 ounces cheese, grated (Cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (divided)
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked & drained
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- Preheat oven to 350; grease a 13x9 pan; set aside.
- Melt butter in a HOT frying pan, then add onion and green pepper; saute until tender.
- Add mushrooms, cook until tender; remove from heat.
- Stir in soup, milk, pimientos, and basil; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine chicken, cheeses, and 1/4-cup Parmesan.
- FIRST LAYER: Divide the mushroom-sauce into four portions (in the frying pan); spread one portion in the prepared cake pan, cover with three noodles.
- SECOND LAYER: Spoon HALF of the chicken mixture over the noodles and another fourth of the mushroom-sauce; cover with three noodles.
- THIRD LAYER: Repeat of the second layer.
- Sprinkle with parsley and remaining Parmesan.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes; uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes (hot & bubbly).
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Very good and easy to make! This is definitely a favorite dish for my family!
This was very good! Chopping all the veggies and the chicken took a little time but it wasn't bad at all. I only changed one thing- I sprinkled a little extra cheese on the top- a shredded Mexican blend. My whole family cleaned their plates, YUMMY!! Next time I'll probably add a little extra sauce, but other than that, it's all good-thanks!!!