1 hr 30 mins
This is will become a family favorite in no time! The pepper and pimiento adds a dash of color and flavor, you'll be glad you kept them in the recipe! OR skip the pimiento and use red pepper instead!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 of a large green pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chunks
- 8 ounces cheese, grated (Cheddar or Monterey Jack)
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (divided)
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked & drained
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 350; grease a 13x9 pan; set aside.
- 2Melt butter in a HOT frying pan, then add onion and green pepper; saute until tender.
- 3Add mushrooms, cook until tender; remove from heat.
- 4Stir in soup, milk, pimientos, and basil; set aside.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine chicken, cheeses, and 1/4-cup Parmesan.
- 6FIRST LAYER: Divide the mushroom-sauce into four portions (in the frying pan); spread one portion in the prepared cake pan, cover with three noodles.
- 7SECOND LAYER: Spoon HALF of the chicken mixture over the noodles and another fourth of the mushroom-sauce; cover with three noodles.
- 8THIRD LAYER: Repeat of the second layer.
- 9Sprinkle with parsley and remaining Parmesan.
- 10Cover and bake for 30 minutes; uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes (hot & bubbly).
- 11Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Chicken Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.9
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 69.2 mg
- Sodium 764.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 27.5 g