2 hrs 30 mins
Pinaygourmet #345142's Note:
I haven't tried this yet, but I am planning to do so very soon. It makes my mouth water just by reading the recipe. This is from Jeni Wright's Creative Chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole, add the chicken, and brown on all sides. Lift out and set aside.
- 2Sprinkle the flour into the pan and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, then add the cider and stock and bring to a boil.
- 3Return the chicken to the pan and add the bouquet garni and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Cover and cook in a preheated 325F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- 5Add the vegetables, baste the chicken with the sauce.
- 6Cook for another 30-45 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the juices of the chicken run clear.
- 7Let stand for 10 minutes, then taste the sauce for seasoning and sprinkle with the parsley.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Chicken in a Pot
Serving Size: 1 (663 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.9
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 188.9 mg
- Sodium 342.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 48.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: