1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Brought over for the Zaar World Tour from a British web site. This is on the menu for this week but wanted to get it posted so others could try it also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (2 1/2 lb) chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup flour, seasoned with
- 1 teaspoon salt, and
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 tablespoons white pearl onions
- 12 small new potatoes, peeled
- 8 mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 6 slices bacon, fried until crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1Dredge chicken pieces in seasoned flour. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet and fry the chicken until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a casserole.
- 2Add onions and potatoes to the skillet and cook until lightly browned.
- 3Shake the skillet occasionally to prevent potatoes from sticking.
- 4Transfer onions and potatoes to the casserole.
- 5Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat for 4 minutes.
- 6Place mushrooms in the casserole.
- 7Add crumbled bacon and chicken broth.
- 8Cover the casserole and place in a 350º oven for 50 minutes.
- 9Thicken juices with cornstarch dissolved in cold water.
- 10Garnish with parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (887 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1021.7
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 198.0 mg
- Sodium 1042.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 57.0 g