Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
Brought over for the Zaar World Tour from a British web site. This is on the menu for this week but wanted to get it posted so others could try it also.
- 2 (2 1/2 lb) chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup flour, seasoned with
- 1 teaspoon salt, and
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 12 tablespoons white pearl onions
- 12 small new potatoes, peeled
- 8 mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 6 slices bacon, fried until crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Dredge chicken pieces in seasoned flour. Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet and fry the chicken until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a casserole.
- Add onions and potatoes to the skillet and cook until lightly browned.
- Shake the skillet occasionally to prevent potatoes from sticking.
- Transfer onions and potatoes to the casserole.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat for 4 minutes.
- Place mushrooms in the casserole.
- Add crumbled bacon and chicken broth.
- Cover the casserole and place in a 350º oven for 50 minutes.
- Thicken juices with cornstarch dissolved in cold water.
- Garnish with parsley.