Recipe by Miss Fannie
A Gooseberry Patch 101 Hearty Recipe that looks yummy.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Awesome recipe Miss Fannie. I enjoyed this delicious dish very much. It was quick and easy to make with excellent results. This dish is the best comfort dish, very very satisfying. Thank you for sharing a recipe that we will enjoy again and again. Made as written, except for the breadcrumbs use soft rather than dried, (personal preference only) Made for What's on the Menu Tag Game.
- 226.79 g uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 29.58 ml butter, melted and divided
- 29.58 ml flour
- 354.88 ml milk
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 946.36 ml chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml frozen peas, thawed
- 8 slice bacon, crisp and crumbled
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs, dried
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In a skillet over low heat,cook onions in one tablespoon melted butter for one minute. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and broth, cooking and stirring until slightly thickened. Stir in chicken, seasonings, cheese, peas, and bacon. Mix in macaroni. Spoon in a greased three quart casserole dish. Combine bread crumbs with remaining butter; sprinkle over top. Bake uncovered,at 350 degrees for 23 to 30 minutes, until golden.