Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Gooseberry Patch 101 Hearty Recipe that looks yummy.
Make and share this Farmhouse Chicken Bake by Vickie recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 4 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 8 slices bacon, crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, dried
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In a skillet over low heat,cook onions in one tablespoon melted butter for one minute. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk and broth, cooking and stirring until slightly thickened. Stir in chicken, seasonings, cheese, peas, and bacon. Mix in macaroni. Spoon in a greased three quart casserole dish. Combine bread crumbs with remaining butter; sprinkle over top. Bake uncovered,at 350 degrees for 23 to 30 minutes, until golden.