Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An old-fashioned oven-baked dessert that does all the work (well, most of it!). Check out the variations listed and try something new each time!
- Preheat oven to 350; grease a 2-quart baking dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring water and brown sugar to a boil; remove from heat; stir in butter & vanilla until butter is melted; pour into prepared pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients, and milk just until blended, then brown sugar.
- Fold in raisins and nuts; drop by spoon-ful over top of the sauce.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes (bubbly & golden brown).
- Spoon into serving dishes, top with whipped or ice cream.
- VARIATIONS: try subbing the raisins with snippets of dried apricots or cranberries.
- Use any combination of your favorite nuts: walnuts, pecans, cashews--yum!
Gorgeous and addictive !! This is such an easy pud for a winter's night - i used light butter and light evaporated milk and served it with light cream . Made for ZWT4 - thanks for posting something so yummy, Debber.