Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Makes a perfect, flaky-top, moist biscuit.
Make and share this Farmhouse Buttermilk Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar, and sugar.
- Cut butter into pieces, then cut into flour mixture. Real butter is very hard, and I found that it was much easier to use my fingers to squeeze the butter into the flour.
- When the mixture is well combined and crumbly, make a well in the center and pour in buttermilk.
- Using a fork, stir, starting at the outside of the bowl and blending inward.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead a few times, just until the dough is completely combined and holds together well.
- With a rolling pin, roll dough out to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter.
- Grease a cookie sheet with crisco and place the biscuits 1-2 inches apart on the sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.
Wow, delicious, delicious, delicious. I made half the recipe and got 6 large biscuits. They were incredible, big, light, fluffy, airy and full of flavor. Quick and very easy to make. I will be making these again often. I served them with Tuscan Beef & Pasta kind of like a sloppy joe, and I also toasted some with butter and jam. They were so good served both ways. Thanks so much for sharing. :)