1/2 Photos of Farmhouse Buttermilk Biscuits
Makes a perfect, flaky-top, moist biscuit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cream of tartar, and sugar.
- 3Cut butter into pieces, then cut into flour mixture. Real butter is very hard, and I found that it was much easier to use my fingers to squeeze the butter into the flour.
- 4When the mixture is well combined and crumbly, make a well in the center and pour in buttermilk.
- 5Using a fork, stir, starting at the outside of the bowl and blending inward.
- 6Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead a few times, just until the dough is completely combined and holds together well.
- 7With a rolling pin, roll dough out to about 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a biscuit cutter or round cookie cutter.
- 8Grease a cookie sheet with crisco and place the biscuits 1-2 inches apart on the sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Buttermilk Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (977 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.9
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 450.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 5.6 g