1/1 Photo of Farmhouse Bread
2 hrs 25 mins
This is so easy to make. It uses simple ingredients you normally have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast and 1 cup warm water in a large mixing bowl. Let rest 10-15 minutes.
- 2Add salt, sugar, shortening and 3 1/3 cups warm water.
- 3Gradually mix in 10 cups of flour. Add up to 2 more cups until dough is no longer sticky.
- 4Knead for 10 minutes. Cover the bowl and let rise for 1 hour until dough doubles in size.
- 5Punch down dough, form into 4 loaves, place into loaf pans and let rise again until double in size(about an hour).
- 6Place in preheated oven at 375 degrees and bake until golden brown (about 35 Minutes).
- 7This recipe also works well halfed.
- 8For whole wheat bread, substitute 4 cups of whole wheat flour mixed with 6 to 8 cups of white flour.
- 9I cool slice and freeze the extra laoves for later.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1366.1
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3501.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 252.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 33.6 g