1/1 Photo of Farmhouse Apple Tarts
Got this recipe from a Family Circle cookbook called "Perfect Pastries". I love how simple this is. The original recipe uses 1/2 quantity of rough puff pastry (for which they have a separate recipe) - but I just used puff pastry squares and am posting the recipe here with that alteration.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease a large oven tray.
- 2Cut apples in half from stem, core - but leave unpeeled.
- 3Slice as thinly as you can, retaining the shape.
- 4Place puff pastry squares well spaced-out on tray.
- 5Spread each pastry with a tsp of apricot jam, leaving a border.
- 6Divide apple slices evenly and arrange along each pastry piece, leaving border.
- 7Sprinkle the apples with sugar and dot with a small cube of butter.
- 8Use the blunt side of a knife to make indentations along edges of pastry - this helps the pastry to rise and flake.
- 9Chill for 20 minutes.
- 10Preheat oven to 415°F and bake pastries for 20 minutes or till puffed and golden.
- 11While hot, brush with warmed, sieved jam to glaze.
- 12Serve warm or cold.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Farmhouse Apple Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.6
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 171.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 3.7 g