Prep 40 mins
Cook 14 mins
A good for you cookie!
- 1 1⁄3 cups butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄3 cups flax seeds
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 cups oatmeal
- Pre heat oven 350*F.
- In bowl cream butter, sugars, and flax seed.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and vanilla, combine with flax mixture.
- Sift flour and soda.
- Mix in oatmeal and combine other ingredients.
- Form dough into 1 1/2 inch round logs.
- Place in freezer to chill.
- Place cookies on baking sheet about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake 13-15 minutes.
I LOVE THESE COOKIES! I was a bit skeptical... considering I never like cookies unless they are riddled with chocolate, but these really were great! I ground the flax, and used whole wheat flour. Added a few sliced almonds as well as a bit of almond extract. I only made 1/3 of the recipe this time, thinking 108 cookies would be too many. That was definetly a mistake and next time I will make much more to freeze. Thanks Leslie!!
I finally got around to making these, and DH and I just love them. Think when I bake the other half of the dough I will press an English walnut half into each one before baking as I am confident the flavors will meld well and still be healthy. I coarsely ground the flax seeds. Thanks, Leslie O!