Top Review by gruntlady
well YUM..this is wonderful just wonderfl since I am a meat/potatoe gal..I know but hey I had mashed anyway..I used a mix of reg freash button mushrooms..and a couple portabella... I hunt morals in early spring..have a couple secret spots that yeild a pretty good supply... so I can not wait to try this with morals.... there just is NO other flavor as woodsy as the moral...oh drool..I have 21/2.. 3 months to wait..
- 1⁄2 ounce dried morel (other mushrooms will do fine)
- 1 quart beef broth (any meat or veggie broth, will reduce to half)
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Reconstitute mushrooms according to package directions (i.e. soak in warm water, stock or wine for 20 minutes or so; strain, reserve liquid for future projects).
- Reduce broth to half (i.e. boil uncovered for 40 minutes or so).
- Heat oil in heavy sauce pan.
- Add garlic and cook gently for 1 minute or so.
- Add shallot, mushrooms and sage leaves.
- Cook on medium until sage and mushrooms are cooked, 10 minutes.
- Add reduced broth and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve over wild game or rice.