Recipe by GirlwithMS
Easy, tasty, hearty chicken recipe. When time is short and appetites big, the Muddfield Gang chows down to Farmgirl's Funky chicken!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Yummy, this tasted just perfect! Love the technique, and the use of pepper relish is a great addition to roasting chicken. I had made this recipe for pepper relish a while ago, so used this instead of Trader Joe's (they have discontinued the product) http://www.food.com/recipe/hot-jalapeno-pepper-relish-30819, but followed this exactly, and let me tell you, there is tons of flavor, and the chicken comes out as juicy as a watermelon in the summertime. Will use often and will even get "funky" once in a while! Made for my PAC baby 2011
- 4 lbs chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) jarpepper relish (i use trader joes)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 450.
- wash and dry chicken.
- rub inside and out of chicken with salt, pepper and oil.
- rub inside and out of chicken with pepper relish.
- cut lemon in half and place in cavity.
- separate skin from chicken by gently pulling apart and rub relish in between the layers.
- replace skin to seal in juices.
- roast chicken on rack at 450 for 1 hour 20 mins, uncovered.
- Remove chicken and let sit, uncovered, for at least 30 mins.
- carve and serve.