Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy cut out cookies with a twist: whole wheat flour, almond meal and eggwhites. Light and tasty, easy to decorate.
- 118.29 ml butter
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 1 egg white
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 118.29 ml almond meal
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- mix butter and sugar.
- add egg white and vanilla.
- mix dry ingredrients, add to wet.
- wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes or more.
- preheat oven 350.
- sprinkle flour on board and rolling pen.
- roll out dough and cut with shapes.
- cook on greased sheets for 10-12 minutes.
- cool on cookie sheet.
- decorate as desired.
I'm so excited to have found a cut out cookie recpie with no white flour. This was very good! I also used the 1/2 cup sugar and Stevia substitute, as per another review. I measure my ingredents by weight, and found that I had to add a bit more flour to get these to work, but they turned out great! I also used reduced fat margarine.
This is a great recipe. Easy to make, tasty and delicious! Also, I rolled it pretty thin, I think I got 36 from the batch. I changed it to 1/2 cup sugar and 2 packets of stevia and 1 cup almond meal/1 cup flour and it was still scrumptios. They are crisp and a bit chewy. My kids LOVED them!! We will definately make them again and they'd be great on holidays. Thanks for the recipie.