Recipe by GirlwithMS
Easy cut out cookies with a twist: whole wheat flour, almond meal and eggwhites. Light and tasty, easy to decorate.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
I'm so excited to have found a cut out cookie recpie with no white flour. This was very good! I also used the 1/2 cup sugar and Stevia substitute, as per another review. I measure my ingredents by weight, and found that I had to add a bit more flour to get these to work, but they turned out great! I also used reduced fat margarine.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- mix butter and sugar.
- add egg white and vanilla.
- mix dry ingredrients, add to wet.
- wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes or more.
- preheat oven 350.
- sprinkle flour on board and rolling pen.
- roll out dough and cut with shapes.
- cook on greased sheets for 10-12 minutes.
- cool on cookie sheet.
- decorate as desired.