Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
A delicious roast from Cooking Entrees with the Micheff Sisters Cookbook. I enjoyed this with gravy one day and with barbeque sauce the next. Enjoy!
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups veggie burgers (I used veggie crumbles by Morningstar)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon seasoned vegetable salt (I used Italian seasoning and salt)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (I used 3 tbls. fresh parsley)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups cool water (may need a little more for desired consistancy)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute onion and mushrooms in the oil until the onion is clear.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients(except gravy ingredients).
- Spray a medium casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and put in roast mixture.Pat down. Bake at 350*F. for 1 hour.
- Serve with country gravy or desired sauce.
- Country Gravy:.
- In a medium skillet, brown flour, stirring constantly with a whisk until it becomes fragrant and slightly deeper in color. Add the yeast flakes and oil and cook, stirring for just a minute more.
- Add the water all at once, whisking fast and continuously until thickened. This will only take a minute or so.
- Linda Micheff says you can also make this roast into patties and either fry in a skillet or brown in oven.
- Good served with mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and tomatoes and cucumbers.